Disclaimer & Privacy Statement
All of the information including, but not limited to, reports, tables, diagrams, maps, photographs and newspaper or journal articles, incorporated in the files of the Terrain Minerals Ltd (herein after referred to as the company) world wide web site under the domain name
and as constructed and maintained by Adcorp Australia Ltd (herein after referred to as the Homepage), is supplied for the benefit of viewers with an interest in the company and not as specific advice to any particular party or person.
Information supplied to Adcorp Australia Ltd by the company for inclusion in the Homepage is based on publicly available information, internally developed data and other sources. No independent verification of those sources has been undertaken and where any opinion is expressed in this document it is based on the assumptions and limitations mentioned herein and is an expression of present opinion only.
The information contained within the Homepage is supplied on the condition and understanding that before making use of the said information the viewer will take due care to ensure the accuracy and currency of the information and, where necessary or appropriate, seek expert advice and further that, Terrain Minerals Ltd and Adcorp Australia Ltd shall not be liable for any accidents, injury, irregularity, loss or damage caused by or arising as a result of information contained within this world wide web site.
2) Terrain Minerals is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you dealwith us.
Collection of Information
3) Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
4) In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Terrain Minerals:
- If you contact Terrain Minerals, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
5) At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
6) We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
7) In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8) Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Terrain Minerals encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiableinformation.
Security and Storage
9) Terrain Minerals places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under ourcontrol.
10) Personal information is de-identifiedor destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
11) Terrain Minerals retains the information you provide to us including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes.This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
12) Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrustedwith authority and computer network password sanctions.
13) No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, Terrain Minerals cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Terrain Minerals receives your transmission, it makesevery effort to ensure its security on its systems.
14) Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account informationsecret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Accessto and Correction of Personal Information
15) Terrain Minerals is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers,clients and web-site users.
16) So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National PrivacyPrinciples, then we will give you access to that information.
17) Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passedon to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
18) If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal informationheld about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
20) We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person(usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of Information Overseas
21) Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only ifsuch transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
22) Terrain Minerals collects information from the site using "IP files".
23) When you visit the Terrain Minerals site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effectiveservice on our Web Sites.
26) Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at privacy.gov.au .